Current Projects
  • Sockapalooza 4 Sock Savior Socks
  • "Springtime in Paris" socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Toe-up socks in Trekking XXL
  • Custom socks for Aidan
  • Victorian Lace Socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Brea Bag, Berroco Free Pattern (ON HOLD)
  • Flower Basket Shawl/Scarf, Fiber Trends (ON HOLD)
  • Broad Street Gloves, Knitty (ON HOLD)
  • Finished 2007
  • Fair Isle Headband
  • "Grow-with-me" Hat, Commission
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Commission
  • Children's Cotton Hat from LMKG, Baby Eaton
  • Baby Vine Hat in Rowan Wool Cotton, Commission
  • Tidal Wave Socks, bartered with Molly
  • 2 pair of baby booties, Baby Eaton
  • Monkey Socks, Sockapalooza 4 Pal
  • 5 cotton washcloths, Ann
  • 4 nature-themed face cloths, Mom
  • Baby Bucket Hat, Lil' Max for May
  • Vine Lace Baby Hat, 2 versions, Baby KAH
  • Horcrux Socks, Jacque
  • Lace Anklets, set #2, Mom
  • Herringbone Scarf, Plymouth Housing Group
  • Spiral Scarf, Mail Carrier
  • Baby Booties
  • Baby Socks, set 2 in leftover yarn
  • Baby Socks, Set 1 in wool/cotton blend
  • Garter Rib Socks, Me!
  • Ankle Socks, Mom (attempt #2)
  • Bunny Hat, Lil' Max for April
  • Shamrock Hat, Lil' Max for March
  • Ankle Socks, Me (Frogged!)
  • Lace Anklets, Mom
  • Hat, Bryan
  • Hat, Kevin
  • Antifreeze Helment (Knitty), Colten
  • 3 hats for Charity Knitting
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Lil' Max for February
  • Baby Basics Set, Little Girl S-C
  • Cabled Gaiter, Craig
  • Fun Fur Scarf, Mom
  • Odessa Hat, Jane
  • Knitting Links
  • The Anticraft!
  • Knitty
  • MagKnits
  • Yarndex
  • Knotty K
  • Strawberry Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Watermelon Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Etty-Spun
  • blue/teal merino
  • "Happy Together" superwash merino, Crown Mountain Farms
  • Friday, June 01, 2007
    Hum de dum de dum
    Figured I should post, it's been a while.

    Since I last posted, we've seen:

    1. The beginning of Summer. I don't care that it official starts at dusk on June 21st. Summer officially starts for me when I see the first Swallowtail Butterfly flit by me. I've only seen two so far, but that's enough.

    2. More bags of miracle-gro garden soil that you can shake a stick at. We went to see my mom last weekend and we heaved and hauled and dumped more than 20 bags of this stuff on her gardens. Did I mention that she has a full 1-acre lawn and it's surrounded by flower beds? And we still didn't cover everything!

    3. Me go nuts with online ordering. Currently in the order que: a full set of knit picks options needles, a knit picks chart keeper, a really cool little project bag to stash in my haiku bag, and the Yarn Harlot's newest literary masterpiece and Favorite Socks (gotta love amazon's deals). My birthday was the 22nd of May and the fam got me a lot of gift cards and cash. It's all good. There's also a bunch of books coming in from Paperback Swap. If you read a lot, and have a bookshelf that needs to be whittled down to make room for more, I seriously suggest you go here! Free service.

    My little project bag, delivered today. WooHoo!


    4. Found yarn for my sockapalooza pal. She lives in Florida, so I wanted to make her socks that she could actually wear in "cooler" months with no wool. Enter Crystal Palace "Panda Cotton". I actually got this on the LYS tour the weekend before the last post, but just hadn't posted about it. It's my first time working with this yarn, but I've worked with the worsted weight of it ("Bamboozle") for a pair of anklets for my mom, and it worked up lovely and retains some of the spring of the elastic. If it doesn't work out, no biggie, just time to hit Etsy.

    5. Pooled some gift cards together with my husband to get an awesome 3-person garden swing that folds down into a hammock-type platform. Needs to be assembled this weekend, but it will be soooooo sweet to just sit and swing in the back yard and not have to squeeze an adult-size butt into a child-size swingset swing. ETA: it's been put together, but notice who's on it!


    6. Found a baby pepper on one of our pepper plants. It's so darn cute.

    I know, I lead a small life, but it's a good life. :)
    posted by Karen @ 10:16 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Angela said…

      We have a green pepper growing too!!! It's the first time I have seen one grow in 'real life'! It's a bit deformed, but very cute

       
    • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Yarn Thing said…

      I always get excited to see the buds on the grape vine. To think that in a few months actual grapes will grow on there is amazing to me!

      Marly
      knitthing.blogspot.com
      knitthing.mypodcast.com
      summerkalcal.blogspot.com

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Karen
    Home: SeaTac, Washington, United States
    About Me: 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 husband and a load of yarn.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © Froggin' Knitter proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com