Current Projects
  • Sockapalooza 4 Sock Savior Socks
  • "Springtime in Paris" socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Toe-up socks in Trekking XXL
  • Custom socks for Aidan
  • Victorian Lace Socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Brea Bag, Berroco Free Pattern (ON HOLD)
  • Flower Basket Shawl/Scarf, Fiber Trends (ON HOLD)
  • Broad Street Gloves, Knitty (ON HOLD)
  • Finished 2007
  • Fair Isle Headband
  • "Grow-with-me" Hat, Commission
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Commission
  • Children's Cotton Hat from LMKG, Baby Eaton
  • Baby Vine Hat in Rowan Wool Cotton, Commission
  • Tidal Wave Socks, bartered with Molly
  • 2 pair of baby booties, Baby Eaton
  • Monkey Socks, Sockapalooza 4 Pal
  • 5 cotton washcloths, Ann
  • 4 nature-themed face cloths, Mom
  • Baby Bucket Hat, Lil' Max for May
  • Vine Lace Baby Hat, 2 versions, Baby KAH
  • Horcrux Socks, Jacque
  • Lace Anklets, set #2, Mom
  • Herringbone Scarf, Plymouth Housing Group
  • Spiral Scarf, Mail Carrier
  • Baby Booties
  • Baby Socks, set 2 in leftover yarn
  • Baby Socks, Set 1 in wool/cotton blend
  • Garter Rib Socks, Me!
  • Ankle Socks, Mom (attempt #2)
  • Bunny Hat, Lil' Max for April
  • Shamrock Hat, Lil' Max for March
  • Ankle Socks, Me (Frogged!)
  • Lace Anklets, Mom
  • Hat, Bryan
  • Hat, Kevin
  • Antifreeze Helment (Knitty), Colten
  • 3 hats for Charity Knitting
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Lil' Max for February
  • Baby Basics Set, Little Girl S-C
  • Cabled Gaiter, Craig
  • Fun Fur Scarf, Mom
  • Odessa Hat, Jane
  • Knitting Links
  • The Anticraft!
  • Knitty
  • MagKnits
  • Yarndex
  • Knotty K
  • Strawberry Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Watermelon Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Etty-Spun
  • blue/teal merino
  • "Happy Together" superwash merino, Crown Mountain Farms
  • Thursday, November 09, 2006
    How early is too early?
    No, I'm not talking about when to tell people you're pregnant. My baby-making days are over and I'm happy with the two boys.

    I'm talking about how early is too early for Christmas decorations. Remember the days when they waited till closer to Thanksgiving? Dim memories. The Macy's Holiday Store at Bellevue Square was open before Halloween. No, not a typo, Hallo-freakin-ween. Unless you were dressing as the jolly fat man or a funky little elf, what the heck was the point? Starbucks had the decency to wait until this week to launch the Christmas stuff in their stores. I broke down and bought a peppermint mocha frappachino, just too yummy to pass up. They had Christmas music selections at the cashier and Kev was trying to talk me into buying them. I told him my rule: "mom doesn't do Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving." I may push it to Thanksgiving afternoon, but that's at the earliest.

    I realize that retailers are trying to cash in more on the holiday spending, but all it gives me is Christmas burnout, as in I'm totally burnt out on Christmas weeks before it actually happens. Tired of tinseled wonderlands and ringing bells. Tired of seeing tired, cranky, and stressed out kids standing in line waiting to sit on Santa's lap (neither of my kids have ever sat on Santa's lap). Tired of no parking because some mammoth SUV has taken up more than one space.

    Okay, I'm done ranting and stepping off my soapbox now. I finished the commissioned project and will post pictures later. It turned out adorable. :)
    posted by Karen @ 1:32 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Lavendersheep said…

      What about Christmas knitting? I must admit that I start planning in September because of all that knitting!

       
    • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Michaela said…

      I am completely with you on this -- I think there's been a definite creep back from Thanksgiving to Halloween as the "acceptable" time to start putting out Christmas merchandise and decorations. By the time Christmas arrives, I find myself ready to be done with it all, which is not how I want to feel. Lavendersheep does have a good point about Christmas knitting, but that's a different category altogether I think. :)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Karen
    Home: SeaTac, Washington, United States
    About Me: 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 husband and a load of yarn.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © Froggin' Knitter proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com