Current Projects
  • Sockapalooza 4 Sock Savior Socks
  • "Springtime in Paris" socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Toe-up socks in Trekking XXL
  • Custom socks for Aidan
  • Victorian Lace Socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Brea Bag, Berroco Free Pattern (ON HOLD)
  • Flower Basket Shawl/Scarf, Fiber Trends (ON HOLD)
  • Broad Street Gloves, Knitty (ON HOLD)
  • Finished 2007
  • Fair Isle Headband
  • "Grow-with-me" Hat, Commission
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Commission
  • Children's Cotton Hat from LMKG, Baby Eaton
  • Baby Vine Hat in Rowan Wool Cotton, Commission
  • Tidal Wave Socks, bartered with Molly
  • 2 pair of baby booties, Baby Eaton
  • Monkey Socks, Sockapalooza 4 Pal
  • 5 cotton washcloths, Ann
  • 4 nature-themed face cloths, Mom
  • Baby Bucket Hat, Lil' Max for May
  • Vine Lace Baby Hat, 2 versions, Baby KAH
  • Horcrux Socks, Jacque
  • Lace Anklets, set #2, Mom
  • Herringbone Scarf, Plymouth Housing Group
  • Spiral Scarf, Mail Carrier
  • Baby Booties
  • Baby Socks, set 2 in leftover yarn
  • Baby Socks, Set 1 in wool/cotton blend
  • Garter Rib Socks, Me!
  • Ankle Socks, Mom (attempt #2)
  • Bunny Hat, Lil' Max for April
  • Shamrock Hat, Lil' Max for March
  • Ankle Socks, Me (Frogged!)
  • Lace Anklets, Mom
  • Hat, Bryan
  • Hat, Kevin
  • Antifreeze Helment (Knitty), Colten
  • 3 hats for Charity Knitting
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Lil' Max for February
  • Baby Basics Set, Little Girl S-C
  • Cabled Gaiter, Craig
  • Fun Fur Scarf, Mom
  • Odessa Hat, Jane
  • Knitting Links
  • The Anticraft!
  • Knitty
  • MagKnits
  • Yarndex
  • Knotty K
  • Strawberry Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Watermelon Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Etty-Spun
  • blue/teal merino
  • "Happy Together" superwash merino, Crown Mountain Farms
  • Tuesday, May 02, 2006
    Secret Pal 8 Questionaire
    1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
    Soft wools (ones that feel nice and not like brillo pads), superwash/machine wash yarns. I'm ALLERGIC to mohair and angora. I haven't tried cashmere yet, but that's also due to the fact that the budget doesn't stretch that far. :) I'm not real big on acrylic because it doesn't breathe, but I play with different things. Fun fur is evil for the way it binds together and you can't frog it. I'm not the Froggin' Knitter for nothing...

    2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
    Crochet hooks and single points are in Umahlinda "Taz" cases. I have a set of Denises and the extension pack, and also a set of plymouth bamboo interchangeable needles that reside in their own case. I'm waiting on a friend to make a case for my DPNs and I haven't found any happy home for my other circulars.

    3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
    I was taught to knit and crochet by my aunt when I was around 10 or 11, but promptly forgot. I picked up crochetting in early 2000 after the birth of my first son, and I picked up knitting in the fall of 2004 when I got tired of crochet not giving me more of patterns that I wanted to do. I tend to knit more than crochet. In crochetting, I'm roughly intermediate. In knitting, it depends on the method. I haven't done intarsia, entrelac, or fair isle, but I have done bobbles, felting, socks, hats, blankies, toys, scarves. I guess I would be considered intermdiate to intermediate/beginning advanced.

    4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
    Look to side bar at right.

    5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
    Fresh peeled orange, vanilla, cranberry are the top faves. I prefer light fragrances rather than ones that just totally dominate a space. I don't wear purfume and I rarely use body lotion, but I do use body wash and burn candles.

    6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
    CHOCOLATE. Not a big dark chocolate fan, absolutely adore milk chocolate. Favorite things on the planet: Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bars, Almond Joy, Take 5 (the ones that basically have everything but the kitchen sink).

    7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
    I crochet, counted cross-stitch, garden, minor rubber stamping. I'm involved in a recipe post card swap, so I'm trying my hand at collage and funky art for those. I have a hand spindle and fiber, but haven't learned how to use them yet.

    8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
    MP3's are great. Sarah Maclachlan, Paula Cole, Cheryl Crow, Rascal Flatts, Nora Jones, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Enya, Queen, Aerosmith, No Doubt, Dave Matthews Band, bad days get Metallica and Guns N Roses...

    9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
    I'm blond and blue-eyed, so I prefer purples, blues, muted greens. I don't look good in orange/yellow, but don't mind working with them. I'm really not a pink person, but will make baby girl things in it if it's the right color of pink.

    10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
    Married for 7 years this July 4, 2 boys (3 and 6 years old), 2 cats.

    11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
    Scarves and hats, if it were a really simple poncho I would wear it, and I'm more a glove person, but I don't really wear them often.

    12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
    Whatever catches my fancy. I'm finishing up a year's worth of hats for my unborn nephew (see sidebar). Hats, scarves, and socks are nice small projects that travel well and give pretty instant gratification. I've got toy patterns, sweater patterns, felted bag pattern. I'm kind of all over the place, in case you haven't figured that out yet. :)

    13. What are you knitting right now?
    Hmm, better question would be "what am I NOT knitting right now?" 2 baby girl hats for 2 different cousins, a pair of socks for me, "branching out" for my mom's 50th at the end of may, finishing on hats for unborn nephew's hat project.

    14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
    YES!!!

    15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
    Circulars are preferred. As for material, it depends on what mood and what fiber I'm using. I am picky about aluminum and prefer Addi Turbos.

    16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
    Both and they're used quite a bit.

    17. How did you learn to knit?
    See above answer to how long I've been knitting. I retaught myself from a book and somewhat from help from my MIL.

    18. How old is your oldest UFO?
    A wrap I started in Spring 2004.

    19. What is your favorite holiday?
    Not picky. Any.

    20. Is there anything that you collect?
    Frogs and butterflies. Breastfeeding advocacy things. Knitting notions.

    21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
    No knitting mag subscriptions yet, but I regularly check Knitty, MagKnits, MenKnits, KnitNet, and The AntiCraft. See my wish lists for books I want.

    22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
    Entrelac, intarsia, magic loop, socks on 2 circulars. I'll try anything at least once.

    23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
    I'm a size 7 foot and I knit socks.

    24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
    May 22.
    posted by Karen @ 2:23 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Karen
    Home: SeaTac, Washington, United States
    About Me: 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 husband and a load of yarn.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © Froggin' Knitter proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com