Current Projects
  • Sockapalooza 4 Sock Savior Socks
  • "Springtime in Paris" socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Toe-up socks in Trekking XXL
  • Custom socks for Aidan
  • Victorian Lace Socks, 6-sox KAL
  • Brea Bag, Berroco Free Pattern (ON HOLD)
  • Flower Basket Shawl/Scarf, Fiber Trends (ON HOLD)
  • Broad Street Gloves, Knitty (ON HOLD)
  • Finished 2007
  • Fair Isle Headband
  • "Grow-with-me" Hat, Commission
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Commission
  • Children's Cotton Hat from LMKG, Baby Eaton
  • Baby Vine Hat in Rowan Wool Cotton, Commission
  • Tidal Wave Socks, bartered with Molly
  • 2 pair of baby booties, Baby Eaton
  • Monkey Socks, Sockapalooza 4 Pal
  • 5 cotton washcloths, Ann
  • 4 nature-themed face cloths, Mom
  • Baby Bucket Hat, Lil' Max for May
  • Vine Lace Baby Hat, 2 versions, Baby KAH
  • Horcrux Socks, Jacque
  • Lace Anklets, set #2, Mom
  • Herringbone Scarf, Plymouth Housing Group
  • Spiral Scarf, Mail Carrier
  • Baby Booties
  • Baby Socks, set 2 in leftover yarn
  • Baby Socks, Set 1 in wool/cotton blend
  • Garter Rib Socks, Me!
  • Ankle Socks, Mom (attempt #2)
  • Bunny Hat, Lil' Max for April
  • Shamrock Hat, Lil' Max for March
  • Ankle Socks, Me (Frogged!)
  • Lace Anklets, Mom
  • Hat, Bryan
  • Hat, Kevin
  • Antifreeze Helment (Knitty), Colten
  • 3 hats for Charity Knitting
  • Sparkly Kiss Hat, Lil' Max for February
  • Baby Basics Set, Little Girl S-C
  • Cabled Gaiter, Craig
  • Fun Fur Scarf, Mom
  • Odessa Hat, Jane
  • Knitting Links
  • The Anticraft!
  • Knitty
  • MagKnits
  • Yarndex
  • Knotty K
  • Strawberry Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Watermelon Hat, Cascade Fixation
  • Etty-Spun
  • blue/teal merino
  • "Happy Together" superwash merino, Crown Mountain Farms
  • Sunday, February 19, 2006
    What to do, what to do...
    My mother came up last weekend for ds#2's birthday. I was browsing through a Patternworks catalogue, and she asks what I'm looking at. I tell her yarn, and she's like "nah, think I'll pass." Two minutes later, she hijacks it from me, finds a lace book in it, and starts going "OOOOOHHHHHH!" I tell her it's just a book, she says she wants something in lace. So I show her Knitty's "Branching Out" pattern, and she's all over it.

    Okay, so now we have a pattern. Now comes the BIG problem: my mom is allergic to wool, cashmere, angora, and mohair. And of course, both sample branching outs were made in wool and mohair. So we go hunting on-line for potential fixes. I fall in love with an alpaca and silk blend that goes for about $30 a skein. Mother loses it. "THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE!" Okay, onward and upward, careful to NOT tell her what they cost unless they notice. But I'm just not finding anything that floats my boat.

    I got some Berroco Cotton Twist from the Seattle Yarn Gallery last week, but I was hesitant because of the gauge. So Thursday I decide to go to the Knittery to hunt some more. Just two blocks from the shop, I get rear-ended at a stoplight. At least no one was seriously hurt and it was only two cars. At last I get to the store, and after almost an hour of hunting and feeling and torturing my mind, I find Frog Tree Alpaca Wool, 100% alpaca. Lovely color, although not as lovely as the Cotton Twist color. It's not going to be a wippie for a bit, but I needed some yarn therapy after last week with the husband down, getting hit, and having to go to the chiropractor myself for neck and shoulder issues. At least I can still knit.
    posted by Karen @ 8:51 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Karen
    Home: SeaTac, Washington, United States
    About Me: 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 husband and a load of yarn.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © Froggin' Knitter proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com